- Patient & Visitor Information
- Our Physician Practices
- Specialty Centers
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Community Outreach
- Community Health Initiatives
- Community Health Needs Assessment
- Community Support Programs
- Driver Rehabilitation Program
- Emergency Preparedness
- Walk for Life - Race for Life
- Healthy Aging Program Initiative (HAPI)
- SAFE KIDS Midlands
- Sickle Cell Center
- Support Groups
- Speakers Bureau
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
Palmetto Health views community service as an essential part of our mission and heritage. We volunteer because of who we are and who we have been called to be. We seek to be a people who identify and respond to community needs. Because of our love for others, we are committed to the well-being of our community. Volunteering is the right thing to do, For Goodness Sake.
The goal of the For Goodness Sake program is to improve the well-being of our community. To reach this goal, Palmetto Health provides and supports employees in their volunteer efforts. By working together to reach this goal we will...
- strengthen ties with community business leaders and churches
- support a corporate culture that emphasizes community spirit and volunteerism
What Is The Goodness Sake Program?
The possibilities of For Goodness Sake are limited only by the imagination and energy of those involved. The following five areas describe the central focus of For Goodness Sake...
- Community Projects – With input from community leaders and employees, For Goodness Sake identifies community projects in nonprofit or not-for-profit organizations in which we will assist them in achieving their goals.
- Volunteer Placement – For Goodness Sake assists employees in finding volunteer opportunities in community agencies.
- Enhancement Of Hospital-Sponsored Programs – Hospital-sponsored programs can benefit from the additional promotion, staffing and organization provided through For Goodness Sake.
- Speakers Bureau – Local clubs, churches, organizations and schools benefit from the expertise of this network of healthcare professionals and medical experts who volunteer to address groups on a variety of health related topics. Speakers are arranged at no cost. For more information or to request a speaker, call (803) 296-2961.
- Hospital Tours – The hospitals offer tours to community groups. The Community & Governmental Relations department coordinates these tours for groups of no more than 12 individuals, including chaperones, who are middle school age and older. For more information about hospital tours, call (803) 296-2961.
Palmetto Health employees support the following projects...
- Richland School Dist. 1 Lunch Buddy program
- The Giving Tree
- Brett's Rainbow
- Good Seat for Good Samaritans at Columbia Blowfish games
- Harvest Hope Food Bank
- Salvation Army Red Kettle Ringing Campaign