- Patient & Visitor Information
- Our Physician Practices
- Specialty Centers
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Community Outreach
- Community Health Initiatives
- Community Health Needs Assessment
- Community Support Programs
- Driver Rehabilitation Program
- Emergency Preparedness
- Walk for Life - Race for Life
- SAFE KIDS Midlands
- Palmetto Health-YMCA
- Sickle Cell Center
- Support Groups
- Speakers Bureau
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
Palmetto Health Community Health Center
Celia Saxon Health Center, sponsored by Palmetto Health and the Columbia Housing Authority, is a permanent facility that provides preventive care and wellness education for residents of Columbia Housing Authority communities and surrounding neighborhoods.
Celia Saxon Health Center
2133 Walker Solomon Way, Columbia, SC 29204
To learn more about our services, contact Kevin Ballance in Community Health Improvement at 803-296-5139 or click here to send an email.
The caring team at Celia Saxon Health Center includes:
- A clinical nurse specialist
- Family nurse practitioner
- Patient educator
- Clerk and social worker
Our services include:
- Complete physical exams including pap smears and pregnancy testing
- Sports physicals
- Well-child exams including immunizations
- Sick visits for children and adults
- Treatment for most medical conditions including asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure and sexually transmitted diseases.
Celia Saxon Health Center initiatives include:
- City Year Public Health Team – Each Thursday, Corps members of City Year's Public Health Team are in the community assisting the residents with tasks that they may not be able to complete by themselves — painting, running errands, cleaning, getting a prescription filled
- Women's Support Group – Lead by team members at the Health Center and Pastoral Services, this weekly support group encourages female residents to develop supportive relationships.
- Chaplaincy – Chaplain residents from Palmetto Health's Pastoral Services department work in the community health centers seeing and counseling patients in relation to their spiritual, physical and social needs.
- Alcoholics Anonymous – Lead by a teammember at the Health Center, monthly AA group meets to offer support, love and guidance to individuals who are experiencing difficulties with alcohol dependence.