- Patient & Visitor Information
- Our Physician Practices
- Specialty Centers
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Community Outreach
- Community Health Initiatives
- Community Health Needs Assessment
- Community Support Programs
- Driver Rehabilitation Program
- Emergency Preparedness
- Walk for Life - Race for Life
- SAFE KIDS Midlands
- Palmetto Health-YMCA
- Sickle Cell Center
- Support Groups
- Speakers Bureau
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
Palmetto Health Trumpeter Campaign and Contest
The Trumpeter Campaign has teamed up with the Teen Health Initiative's Teen Talk program to educate and raise awareness of the dangers of smoking and for a special contest. Trained speakers are available from February through May to provide free in-school presentations or an educational video can be provided for viewing. For more information about the program or to set up a free presentation at your school or organization, call 803-296-3070 or email Trumpeter@PalmettoHealth.org.
Our educational and awareness programs begin in February. Schools currently participating in the Teen Talk program will learn details about the Trumpeter Campaign from their community advocates. Schools not participating in Teen Talk will be offered a one-time assembly to sixth-grade students. Trained speakers will deliver the tobacco prevention message to students utilizing the CDC's MediaSharp curriculum. The presentation involves active student participation and a video addressing the powerful effect that media has on a young person's decision to use or not to use tobacco products.
More than 23,000 sixth-grade students have participated since the Trumpeter Campaign began in 1998, illustrating the success we have had in getting local students to start thinking about the relationship of tobacco, advertising and cancer.
2015 Trumpeter Contest
Teen Talk Group Contest
- Teen Talk groups are encouraged to create their own anti-tobacco advertisement. The winning Middle and High school groups will be given a free Chick-fil-A lunch.
Non-Teen Talk Contest
- Non-Teen Talk school groups who have participated in the Trumpeter presentation are encouraged to create a 7-10 minute skit about the dangers of the use of tobacco products. The winning middle and high school groups will receive a grant to be used by their health sciences department.
- 1st place: $500
- 2nd place: $250