- Patient & Visitor Information
- Our Physician Practices
- Specialty Centers
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Community Outreach
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
Palmetto Health has wonderful volunteer programs that help us enhance the level of compassionate care we provide our patients. Nearly 700 volunteers provide more than 50,000 hours of support services each year. We greatly appreciate the time, sense of responsibility and flexibility our volunteers offer. In return we offer:
- The greatest variety of places and ways to serve
- Opportunities to match your interests and talents to meet the needs of those we serve
- Valuable learning opportunities
- Programs that Integrate volunteers into Palmetto Health's quality patient care mission
If you are interested in becoming a Palmetto Health volunteer, choose from the opportunities below.
Our Auxiliary volunteers support us in several areas in our hospitals, including registration, information desks, gift shops, intensive care waiting rooms and surgery waiting rooms.
Personal Touch volunteers work with our nursing staff to offer comfort care to patients and families. Comfort care can include: helping patients walk, eat or bathe; back rubs; and emotional support such as listening, reading or holding a hand. Additional training is required.
HELP (Hospital Elder Life Program) volunteers work directly with medical and nursing staff to provide hands-on care to patients age 65 or older. Volunteers help patients maintain their cognitive and physical functioning. Additional training is required.
Summer Junior Volunteer Program
We have various summer volunteer opportunities for teens ages 14-17.
In Columbia and Newberry, our Palmetto Health Hospice volunteers offer their time and emotional support to patients, families and staff in a variety of locations, including patient homes, hospitals and nursing facilities. Hospice volunteers can assist with patient support, administrative work or community education. For more information, click here or call 803-296-3143.
To become a Palmetto Health Volunteer, please complete our Volunteer Application.
For more information about our volunteer programs, please call:
- Palmetto Health Baptist - 803-296-5520
- Palmetto Health Baptist Parkridge 803-907-1501
- Palmetto Health Richland 803-434-6242