- Patient & Visitor Information
- Our Physician Practices
- Specialty Centers
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Community Outreach
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
A lot of people remark how fortunate Columbia is to have a health care resource like Palmetto Health Richland, especially when they realize just how advanced the staff and facilities of our hospital really are. For instance, did you know these "Quick Facts" about Palmetto Health Richland?
- Established more than a century ago in Columbia, South Carolina, Palmetto Health Richland today is a 649-bed regional community teaching medical center.
- More than 225,000 patients from across the state and beyond are served here each year.
- More than 4,200 employees and a medical and dental staff of more than 900 provide a wide range of primary and specialty healthcare.
Palmetto Health Richland is a fully accredited facility and a major referral center for physicians across South Carolina and beyond.
As a teaching hospital, Palmetto Health Richland has 12 physician and dental residency programs and eight fellowship programs with 230 residents on staff.
The hospital is affiliated with the University of South Carolina and other institutions of higher learning to provide training opportunities for medical, dental, pharmacy, nursing and other healthcare students. These affiliations attract nationally known medical professionals to the hospital, and patients benefit from the latest treatment methods developed from their work and from their participation in national research efforts.
Our specialty services include high-risk obstetrics, orthopaedics, cardiology, oncology, nephrology, neonatology, neurology, neurosurgery, medical/surgical services and pediatrics.