- Patient & Visitor Information
- Our Physician Practices
- Specialty Centers
- Bariatric Services/Weight Management Center
- Breast Center
- Cancer Centers
- Carolina Stone Center
- Gamma Knife Center
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Palmetto Health Spine Center
- Stroke Center
- Total Joint Center
- Trauma Center
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Community Outreach
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
The team at Palmetto Health Breast Center offers and refers women to a variety of support programs and services that provide resources for recovery and emotional healing for women undergoing treatment for breast cancer.
Breast Cancer Support and Survivorship Programs
- Bosom Buddies is our breast cancer patient support group. Group discussions are led by a facilitator regarding coping skills during the breast cancer experience. Programs may also be presented by professional educators in the area of breast cancer. Bosom Buddies meets the second Tuesday of each month, 6:30–7:30 p.m. at Palmetto Health Baptist, 1501 Sumter Street, Breast Center building, ground level. Call (803) 296-2378 for more information.
- Breast Cancer Nurse Navigators – Patient Educators is our multidisciplinary approach to care is to tailor education and treatment to each patient's specific diagnosis, personality, lifestyles and desires. The Nurse Navigators individually educate and support our patients from the point of their diagnosis throughout the end of their medical treatment.
- Healing Icons® is a hands-on program of creative expression designed to facilitate art as healing for adult cancer survivors. From surviving to thriving, those who are journeying through the path of cancer need more than medicine to heal. For information, visit Healing Icons® online.
- LIVESTRONG at the YMCA - The YMCA of Columbia and the LIVESTRONG® Foundation have joined together to create LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, a physical activity and well-being program designed to help adult cancer survivors achieve their holistic health goals. To register and for more information, call (803) 799-7159 or online visit the Columbia YMCA or LIVESTRONG Foundation.
- MARYS – Meeting And Reviving Your Spirit - The MARYS group is intended for female cancer patients and survivors. For more information, please click here. To download the MARYS brochure, click here.
Libraries for Cancer Resources
Browse through the reference books or take some free brochures to learn more about cancer, how to treat cancer and tips for caregivers. Internet access is provided for additional information.
Chaplains are available to provide spiritual support or connect patients and their families with a minister, rabbi, priest or faith-group leader.
The chapels at both campuses are open 24 hours a day for prayer and meditation.
Call (803) 434-7555 at Palmetto Health Richland for more information.
Call (803) 296-5455 at Palmetto Health Baptist for more information.
|American Cancer Society||1-800-ACS-2345|
|Living Beyond Breast Cancer||Helpline: 1-888-753-5222|
|National Cancer Institute Information Service||1-800-4-CANCER|
|People Living With Cancer||1-703-299-1914|
|The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation||1.800.I'MA.WARE (1-800-462-9273)|
|Young Survival Coalition||1-212-206-6610 or toll free 1-877-YSC-1011|
|Y-ME National Breast Cancer Organization||1-800-221-2141