- Patient & Visitor Information
- Our Physician Practices
- Specialty Centers
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Behavioral Care
- Breast Center
- Cardiac Services
- Cerebrovascular Center
- Chest Pain ER
- Dental Center
- Diabetes Education
- Geriatric Services
- HomeCare Services/Hospice
- Imaging Services
- Laboratory Services
- Mobile Critical Care Unit
- Research Physical Therapy Specialists
- Outpatient Services
- Pain Management and Rehabilitation Center
- Palmetto Health Counseling
- Imaging Center
- Parkridge Surgery Center
- PET/CT Imaging Center
- Pharmacy Services
- Prostate Health
- Physical and Specialty Therapy
- Women's Services
- Wound Care
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Community Outreach
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
Life isn't always easy. Sometimes it's overwhelming. Stress from job pressures, family conflicts, the loss of a loved one or other major life changes can be hard to handle alone and can sometimes worsen a behavioral health problem or addiction.
Anyone can be affected by a behavioral health problem...a tennis partner, your neighbor, your child, or even you. In any given year, nearly one in four people suffers from a mental health issue or alcohol or drug problem. Some people may be affected mildly, but others may be affected more severely.
It's important to know that behavioral health illnesses such a depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders and addiction are medical diseases just as real as diabetes, heart disease and cancer. Fortunately, just as there are treatments for diabetes, heart disease and cancer, there are effective treatments to help people with behavioral health illnesses recover.
Palmetto Health is one of largest providers of behavioral health services in South Carolina and in the southeastern United States. Our system offers a comprehensive array of psychiatric and addictions services to meet the needs of children, adolescents and adults. We offer many inpatient to outpatient treatment options for those struggling with psychiatric illnesses or addiction.
As the sponsor of the University of South Carolina School of Medicine's Department of Neuropsychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Residency Program, we benefit from the latest clinical research and training opportunities. Many of the attending psychiatrists on staff at Palmetto Health Behavioral Care are also on the faculty at the Department of Neuropsychiatry and serve as teachers for the psychiatric residents during their training at Palmetto Health.
Click to download the Holiday Survival Guide.
- Addiction Recovery Center (Outpatient)
- Adult Chemical Dependency/Dual Diagnosis (Inpatient)
- Adult Psychiatry (Inpatient)
- Child and Adolescent Behavioral Care Programs
- Day Treatment (Adult Outpatient Psychiatry)
- Music Therapy Internship
- Online Screening
- Inpatient Visitor Information
- Support Groups and Meetings