- Patient & Visitor Information
- Our Physician Practices
- Specialty Centers
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Center
- Patient Care Services
- Behavioral Care
- Breast Center
- Cardiac Services
- Cerebrovascular Center
- Chest Pain ER
- Dental Center
- Diabetes Education
- Geriatric Services
- HomeCare Services/Hospice
- Imaging Services
- Laboratory Services
- Mobile Critical Care Unit
- Outpatient Services
- Palmetto Health Counseling
- Parkridge Surgery Center
- PET/CT Imaging Center
- Pharmacy Services
- Prostate Health
- Rehabilitative Services
- Research Physical Therapy Specialists
- Sleep Diagnostic Centers
- Women's Services
- Wound Care
- Education, Residency Programs & Research
- Community Outreach
- Patient Stories
- Palmetto Health Foundation
- Volunteer Programs
Women's and Children's Services of Palmetto Health Baptist serves more new mothers and their babies than any hospital in the Midlands. We offer compassionate care combined with advanced technology to provide for our patients' educational, spiritual, and emotional needs. We promote a family centered environment so that each member of the family feels important. We strive to exceed our patient's expectations and offer an exceptional birth experience.
Women's and Children's Services is comprised of six distinct units:
- The Birthplace includes Labor, Delivery and Recovery rooms, a high-risk obstetrics unit, a surgical suite, recovery unit, exam room and triage room.
- Newborn Nursery is comprised of two nurseries and can accommodate 40 new babies.
- The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is designed to care for the special needs of infants of all gestational ages using the latest technology, including ventilators and specialized monitors.
- The Family Place provides care to patients before and after childbirth, as well as female surgery patients.
- The Nesting Place provides mother/baby couplet care, allowing mother and baby to stay in the same room. One nurse cares for mother and baby.
In addition, Lactation Services provides inpatient care for all nursing mothers throughout Women's and Children's Services. The program also includes outpatient lactation services follow-up appointments for intervention and support of nursing mothers by an internationally board certified lactation consultant.
"Upon discovering we were pregnant with our first child we immediately began preparing for the great change that was coming in our lives. My husband, Kevin, and I signed up for four classes through Women's Services at Baptist. We felt these classes were a very useful service the hospital provided and after attending each class, Kevin and I felt more prepared for our new baby's birth.When I went into labor, we were taken straight to The Birthplace. The staff who took care of us during the labor and delivery process was courteous, patient and very cheerful. For a first time mother-to-be, their attitudes and manner put me at ease, and I never felt nervous because I knew I was in good hands.
Kevin and I plan to add to our family in the future, and I know we will come back to Baptist to have our next child. I think about my stay at Baptist with warm thoughts. From the front desk personnel to the medical staff, everyone that we came in contact with at the hospital made the special time of childbirth extra special, and I want to thank them all for making my stay at your facility such a wonderful experience."
—Martha Thomas, Birthplace patient