Tammie Epps, Media Manager
Marketing & Communications
June 22, 2015
IDG's Computerworld Names Palmetto Health to 2015 List of 100 Best Places to Work in IT
Columbia, S.C. — IDG's Computerworld announces Palmetto Health as a 2015 Best Places to Work in IT, one of 100 top organizations that challenge their IT staffs while providing great benefits and compensation. Computerworld will publish the results from the 22nd annual Best Places to Work in IT survey. Palmetto Health ranks 39th among large organizations on the Best Places to Work in IT list.
Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer Michelle Edwards is honored that Palmetto Health is listed once again, especially with all the challenges facing health care today. “Our team is involved in so many important system-wide initiatives, including implementing a population health management strategy, meeting the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ Meaningful Use requirements for electronic health records for our hospitals and eligible providers, implementing ICD-10 coding of medical diagnoses and hospital procedures, designing the IT systems for the new Palmetto Health-USC Medical Group, enhancing the revenue cycle, creating a strategy for data analytics, and supporting critical patient safety and clinical quality initiatives. With so many priorities, it’s important for us to remain focused on the value IT brings to our organization, our care providers and, ultimately, our patients.”
Some of the unique attributes of Palmetto Health’s IT department include:
- Each team member feels he or she is vital to achieving the organization’s vision: “To be remembered by each patient as providing the care and compassion we want for our families and ourselves.”
- Palmetto Health is focused on developing its team members, as evidenced by more than 15 internal promotions last year.
- IT leaders welcome team members’ opinions, because they believe diversity in careers, education and experience brings forth the best decisions.
- Palmetto Health’s One Palmetto initiative, focused on improving the patient experience while eliminating waste throughout the health care system and standardizing best practices, as a proactive response to national health care reform and ongoing reductions in reimbursement.
- Recognition of outstanding employee performance through team meetings and messages on internal electronic bulletin boards, in announcements in employee forums, and in thank-you notes leaders send to team members.
- The compassion that is exhibited every day by team members to help each other get through the tough times professionally as well as personally. The friendship, love, and caring shows through every day.
Edwards adds, “Receiving the award this year showcases the compassion, strength and teamwork of our IT team. No one fails or succeeds alone — we together must meet the ongoing changes in health care. I am privileged to work with a great team that is committed to delivering the highest quality care to our patients and their families.”
"The 100 organizations on Computerworld’s 2015 Best Places to Work in IT list realize that attracting and retaining a highly-skilled technology workforce leads to competitive advantage,” says Scot Finnie, editor in chief of Computerworld. “In a tight market for tech talent, these outstanding employers attract the best and brightest IT pros with generous salaries and top-drawer benefits, then deepen their teams’ engagement with challenging, business-critical projects built around cutting-edge technologies. As a result, these winning organizations are best positioned to take advantage of the digital transformation sweeping through every industry.”
About the Best Places to Work in IT
The Best Places to Work in IT list is an annual ranking of the top 100 work environments for technology professionals by IDG’s Computerworld. The list is compiled based on a comprehensive questionnaire regarding company offerings in categories such as benefits, career development, training and retention. In addition, Computerworld conducts extensive surveys of IT workers, and their responses factor heavily in determining the rankings.
About Palmetto Health
Palmetto Health, the largest health care system in the Midlands and third largest non-governmental employer in South Carolina, is composed of more than 10,000 team members, physicians and volunteers working together to fulfill Palmetto Health’s vision: to be remembered by each patient as providing the care and compassion we want for our families and ourselves. The system includes five acute-care hospitals—Palmetto Health Baptist, Palmetto Health Baptist Parkridge, Palmetto Health Children’s Hospital, Palmetto Health Heart Hospital and Palmetto Health Richland—as well as an expansive physician practice network, dozens of affiliated clinics and specialty care practices and a 501(c)(3) foundation. Recognized nationally as one of the best places to work and receive care, Palmetto Health also trains the next generation of physicians through its 23 residency and fellowship programs affiliated with the University of South Carolina School of Medicine. For more information, visit PalmettoHealth.org or call 803-296-CARE (2273).
Computerworld is the leading IT media brand helping Sr. IT, business decision-makers and key influencers navigate change with effective business strategy. As the voice of business technology, Computerworld enables the IT value chain with unique editorial coverage from setting strategies to deriving value. Computerworld’s award-winning website (www.computerworld.com), focused conference series, strategic marketing solutions and research forms the hub of the world’s largest (40+ edition) global IT media network and provides opportunities for IT vendors to engage this audience. Computerworld leads the industry with an online audience of over 7.5 million monthly page views (Omniture, November 2014 - January 2015 average) and was recognized in BtoB’s 2013 Media Power 50 list; recognition Computerworld has received for more than 5 consecutive years. Computerworld is published by IDG Enterprise, a subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world’s leading media, events and research company. Company information is available at www.idgenterprise.com.
Note: All product and company names are trademarks of their respective organizations.
- Palmetto Health Presents the Eighth Annual Women at Heart more...
- Healing Waters Spa at Palmetto Health Hosts Camp for Girls more...
- Jennifer France, M.D., Named Palmetto Health’s 2015 Resident of the Year more...